MOVING INTO OUR LUXURY PLANTATION APARTMENTS
Moving is arguably one of the world’s greatest evils. Some people love unpacking and decorating while others hate the entire process. Moving into our luxury Plantation apartments will be a breeze if you follow these tips and we can guarantee you will love unpacking and settling into your new home.
- Before you begin packing, purge items you don’t want or use in your current home. If you haven’t used it the last few months (with the exception of season-specific clothing/décor), you most likely won’t use it in your new home so get rid of it rather than moving it to your new apartment.
- Use plastic totes for breakables and heavier items: Instead of trusting a cardboard box, use plastic totes to move heavy items like dishes, books, and any other important items you don’t want to fall out of the box.
- Use household items for packing: Instead of just packing towels, dishcloths, clothes, or blankets—use it as extra padding in the totes with breakable items.
- Pack your luggage: Instead of just carrying your luggage from your old home to your new home, use it as a free box. If the luggage you own is on wheels, pack heavy things like books inside of them to ease the weight you have to carry.
- Pack an Essentials box: a box full of items you need during your first night and day at your new apartment. Things like take-out menus, cleaning supplies, plastic plates and utensils, extension cords, tools, bottled water, and hygiene items (toothbrush, toilet paper, toothpaste, washcloths, etc.).
- Use Ziploc bags to keep like items together: Large Ziploc bags are perfect for keeping smaller items like silverware, jewelry, cosmetics, hygiene items, and remotes/cords together.
Instead of dreading your move, follow these tips and tricks to keep your items organized, safe, and ready to be unpacked at your luxury Plantation apartments.